Now that we have our tickets to see L’Orchestre d’Hommes-Orchestres at The Theatre Centre in Toronto I can finally write and tell you all about it so you can get your tickets now. (Note to ed.: We do have our tickets, don’t we?) The full name of the show is L’Orchestre d’Hommes-Orchestres performs Tom Waits and it’s (they’re) playing on March 2nd through March 5, 2011.
They played in Toronto last year for two sold-out nights so book your tickets now. I suspect this show will sell-out fast. We loved them last year. Here are a couple of excerpts from the review:
- “From the first bang of the suitcase to the last note of the encore L’Orchestre d’Hommes-Orchestres performing the Music of Tom Waits was fabulous.”
- “It’s not easy to classify the evening. It’s not a concert, and it’s not a play; it’s a performance of music. As my play partner John said, “It’s Rube Goldberg music”. It’s music you have to watch because so much depends on the sight gags.”
- “This isn’t your regular run-of-the-mill Tom Waits tribute; it’s a rollicking, sometimes raucous, ride with Tom Waits as the connection between the performers and audience.”
Here’s L’Orchestre d’Hommes-Orchestres’ Facebook page. I can’t wait to see them again. And I promise you’ll have a great evening. It’s not a big venue so book your tickets now.
– L’Orchestre d’Hommes-Orchestres performs Tom Waits is playing at The Theatre Centre (1087 Queen Street West)
– The show runs from Wednesday March 2nd through Saturday March 5th, 2011, with performances at 7.30 pm (Performances run for about 2 hours)
– Tickets are $25.00 and are available by phone – 416-538-0988 – or online or in person at the box office one hour before the performance.