From Press Release
Montreal-based collective, Daughter Product, presents a dystopic + darkly-comic interdisciplinary performance about obsession.
Three women unravel their girlhoods, idols and ideals in a dream-like and nostalgic narrative. THE GENTLE ART OF PUNISHMENT is for anyone who has ever had a crush on their therapist – or thinks that Drew Barrymore is under-appreciated in her dramatic roles.
Through an interdisciplinary performance of contemporary dance, striking sound design, and theatre, this piece presents a visceral experience of trauma theory, crisis, and obsession from the all-femme/queer artists that make up the collective: Daughter Product.
- The Gentle Art of Punishment plays at the Robert Gill Theatre. (214 College St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Sexual content; Mature language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through usage of a painfully slow elevator. We recommend making sure you arrive a few minutes early.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Thursday July 5th, 6:00 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 7:30 pm
- Monday July 9th, 8:45 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 6:15 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 9:15 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 1:45 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 3:15 pm
Photo of Lucy Fandel by Jules Bédard