From Press Release:
First Dates is about the humour and heartache inherent in the search for connection.
Different couples. Different generations. Different results.
Beautifully penned by Wes Berger, First Dates shares honest, playful and moving stories about the broken-hearted many, the open-hearted few and our search for connection in these fragile times. The play features an amazing cast of actors and production team from the theatre community.
All of us search for connection and companionship; we yearn to love and be loved. We search for it, find it and lose it. Everyone has stories to share. Stories about the blunders, triumphs and awkward moments of dating, relationships and everything in between. First Dates features characters of different sexual orientations, different generations and different experiences navigating love and relationships. First Dates is honest, relatable, funny and moving.
Carefully seeded throughout the play are intimate and hopeful songs written and performed by Aaron Berger brother to Wes and winner of a Niagara Music Award forBest Original Songwriter.
We hope you’ll come on a first date with us!
- First Dates plays at the St. Vladimir Institute. (620 Spadina Ave.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Mature language; Nudity.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route. After the building’s business hours, a staff member will need to escort you through this route, so plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early for evening shows.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Friday July 6th, 3:15 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 9:15 pm
- Monday July 9th, 5:00 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 1:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 7:30 pm
- Friday July 13th, 11:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 3:30 pm