Now it’s your turn; we reveal the list of our readers’ most buzzed-about shows based on the popularity of their Mooney on Theatre reviews. So here’s the list of the top ten (ish) most-read Fringe reviews on Mooney on Theatre this year**:
1. King Stag (Randolph College)
2. Emotional Labour (Crimson Wave Productions)
3. Spend Your Kids’ Inheritance (Watercourse Theatre)
4. The December Man (Theatre@Eastminister)
5. Carpe into my DMs (We Are Sports)
6. Every Silver Lining (Silver Lining Productions)
7. Fuckboys the Musical (Generation Productions)
8. The Break-Up Diet (Angus Blue)
9. Clotheswap (Ladybros with the Textile Museum of Canada)
10. Be Kind, Rewind (Edge of the Sky)
The next few shows were so close in page views that we decided to give them all an honourable mention:
11. Please Stand Clear (House of Rebels Theatre)
11. Boy Falls From the Sky: Jake Epstein Live at Supermarket (Past Future Productions)
11. Through The Bamboo (Uwi Collective)
individual tickets to all mainstage and site-specific productions are $11 + $2 service charge , and can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
*There are 152 shows in this year’s festival, however one show opted out of being reviewed, one cancelled performances, and one other is a staged reading of the winner of the 24-Hour Playwriting Contest held later in the festival.
**Most-read reviews are determined by the number of unique pageviews for the post as of July 12, 2019 at 12:01AM.